Friday, July 13, 2012

A Few Favorite Things, So I don't forget.

Jovie loves pigtails and braids. She excels at gymnastics and enjoys dancing and singing... Also screaming "The Rainbow Connection" like she is a member of the band Kitty. Steak- Kid can eat a steak, and straight black coffee, and unsweetened tea. She can eat her weight in blueberries, which can be pretty gross in the end. There is a little stuffed basset hound that always calms her down- Originally it was named Violet, but now she vacillates between Violet and Domino. Purple is her FAVORITE color, and she enjoys signing colors and is learning the alphabet in ASL. And lastly, she LOVES to run, jump in my lap and give BIG hugs, or lean her head into mine until our noses and foreheads are touching and my eyes cross in such a way that she looks like a cyclops. Jovie loves to "help" me fold, and is a lean, mean, magic erasering machine. Oh- and Bebe Girl can skate. Mina loves MUD. Full Stop. She will cover herself HEAD TO TOE, wringing it between her fingers and squidging it through her toes. Planting she THINKS she can do, though it really just means she makes a hole, takes a stick or a fallen branch with leaves on it, and stabs it into the ground. Reading is fundamental for Mina. No seriously. If she were behind me right now, she would be reading over my shoulder. A few days ago she got red paint all over herself and when I was cross she said "BUT MOM, IT IS WASHABLE TEMPERA." Can't argue with that. Mina loves strawberries and will eat them until her mouth hurts. She also requests "peanut noodles" on a regular basis. Much to my dismay (and now wholehearted acceptance) her favorite color is pink, especially saturated pinks. Hot cherry pink- bubblegum pink kinda makes me want to barf. She loves art, singing, and dancing. She admires her dance teacher "Ms. Sharon" a great deal. Not unlike Jovie, Mina has taken to "helping" me, though her specialty is vacuuming. Lady Daisy cannot skate, but she sure as hell tries. Both of these ladies like to turn their backs to you, point their fingers in the air and shake their booties back and forth. And they help put groceries away. I cannot wait until they are old enough to do dishes. My current favorite thing is when they sing together. Not too far back, we were all snuggling, and I started singing Rainbow Connection (one of my very favorites) and they both started singing along. In unison. It was magical. But it is equally magical (and more hilarious) when they start busting out Adele's "Rumor Has It," or some ancient Journey song. LOVE THAT.

No comments: