Friday, March 11, 2011

Quick House Update

We have noticed a very stinky smell coming from our crawl space. Stale, musty, sewage-y. Just plain HORRIBLE.

Yesterday I had someone out to check it out, help us get rid of the icky smell.

It turned out a little less pleasant than I expected. To the tune of over $20,000 (plus). When last we listed our house, it was at $99,900. Which is actually less than we actually owe- already upside down. And recent estimations have our home's value is even lower. Add this in, and well, we are having to look for different options.

But here is the great things about all of this... I am doing just fine with it. A few months ago, hell even a few weeks ago, this would have been devastating... But now I am doign better, my medication is doing what it is supposed to. My mood has stabilized. Turns out I have been cycling in and out of depression and it has worsened with each pregnancy. But things are starting to look up, the clouds are starting to clear and there is energy toward moving on with life. That is pretty damned wonderful.

No comments: