Friday, March 11, 2011

Stompy Feet

Now that the girls share a room together,they have started working together to cause mayhem. Especially at bedtime.

Some nights, I catch them dancing in their jammies, music blaring, LIGHTS ON, etc. And though I truly dislike spoiling the party, it is their bedtime after all. It is my job as a mother to ruin their fun. I imagine someday it will be more fun than it is now.

Perhaps the thing that makes me giggle the most is the stomping of feet. When Jovie gets excited, she stomps her feet in little stutter steps of rapid succession. She also does an adapted version when she is angry. Mina is a bit of a skipper. And I love that too.

Sometimes they conspire in other ways. A few nights ago, Mina came out screaming that Jovie had scratched her. Jovie was just behind her with a look on her face that almost said "YES I DID IT!!!" She was smiling widely. We sent them back to bed, Mina sulking, Jovie stompy stepping.

I realize this is just the beginning. I am going to have to get very clever, very fast.

No comments: