Monday, April 11, 2011

Chiggy Piggy

So Pan (or Chiggy Piggy as Mina calls him) has been outside since April 21st. He has endured rain, sleet, snow, hail, and ninety degree temperatures in this span of time. Every night he cries outside. And every night, like an idiot, I try to entice him to come inside.

As mentioned, tonight, he was crying outside. He was outside my window. I opened the window and put ham in the opening. I walked away, I came back , I called him sweetly, I talked to him, I put out more delicious ham...

He made a move toward the back door. As soon as I put my key in the lock to open it- He ran away. He ran to the front and started crying again. So I got yet more ham, went outside, c rouched down and spoke to him, telling him how much we wanted him to come inside, how much we missed him. And he started to move toward me, so I stayed still and as he got almost within arm's reach, HE TOOK OFF. I took off after him, stepped on something hard, rolled my ankle on a hole in our lawn and he was gone.

Oh and did I mention what I was wearing? My pajamas. A pair of Damon's boxer shorts, and hot pink bra and a fairly tight black tank top (because I can't sleep if there is too much clothing swirling around me). Anyways, I am running after this cat, half naked, hair wet from the shower, no shoes... And I can hear him now. STILL crying.

we have never been unkind to this cat. what is going on? Why does he wait until 10:00 at night to start crying. He has got to be making my neighbors nuts.

I am stumped. Seriously stumped. If I leave food out for him, the possums get it. If I try to entice him inside, he cries more and then runs away. I figured he would get hungry and come back... But he still looks pretty fat to me.

And it kills me to hear him mewing outside. Why won't he let me help him?

No comments: