Monday, March 12, 2012

March Stuff-

First off may I just say- when the hell did I used to have time to do all of that blogging? Seriously? What a joke.

Since my lovely daughters happen to love TV so much, in addition to cutting back on how much they watch, I have also started changing what I let them watch. While pretty much everything geared toward kids their ages seems to have "lessons" and "learning" built in, I wanted a break from commercials... or really fast-forwarding through commercials. Which incidentally cuts in to my "kids are busy, get stuff done" time.

Of course, there are still episodes of My Little Pony (I love it as much as they do), and Sesame Street, and Sid the Science kid... Oh and Jane and the Dragon- but instead of 2 solid hours of that stuff, we have started watching "Signing Time."

And you know what? I am shocked by their response. They ask for it constantly, and a few days ago when Jovie was EXTREMELY mad at me for something (I think it was bedtime) she was not only screaming "NO!" at the top of her lungs and throwing her head violently from side to side, but she was furiously signing "NO!" with her fingers. Hi-larious.

I am trying to learn right along with them. So far, we have learned many of the colors, and quite a few "playtime" words like friend, sorry, hurt, please, thank you, etc. It is good for their little brains, and another language never hurts! Hell- by the time this is all over they may speak English, ASL, French, and the few words of Spanish that I use regularly.

No comments: