Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Non-linear time

NO matter how awful my day was. No matter how much screaming, fighting, tears, and messes have happened- as soon as my girls are asleep. It melts away. And suddenly that deep well of feelings gush to the surface.

I think of how much I love the way Jovie intertwines her fingers or places her hands together and rests her cheek on them. And how Mina still furrows her brow in the exact same manner as she always has.

When my kids are asleep, the house is quiet time unravels a bit. I remember the good, and laugh at the not so good.

This is when I can cherish their childhoods. Certainly on days when everything is sunshine and I feel like the luckiest mom on the earth, that is easy- but I can plot each memory point in my brain once they are asleep. And I CAN cherish the here and now.

No comments: